Becoming a Careers Leader can be daunting, with lots to learn and understand.
The Background Information section will provide you with 4 essential sets of information:
Helps you meet Benchmarks:
1 5 6 7 8
An introduction to being a Careers Leader provides you with the following:
- An overview of the Careers Leader role
- An understanding of the Expectations, task and responsibilities for Careers Leaders
- A list of who else needs to have an understanding of the Careers Leader role
- An explanation of how the Gatsby Toolkit will help you in the role of Careers Leader
- Access to 6 essential additional reading materials
An introduction to the Gatsby Benchmarks provides you with the following:
- An overview of the Gatsby Benchmarks
- An understanding of why they are important and what Careers Leaders must do to evidence them
- A list of who else needs to have an understanding of the Gatsby Benchmarks
- An explanation of how the toolkit will help you to meet the benchmarks
- Access to 6 additional information resources
An introduction to the statutory requirements provides you with the following:
- An overview of the main points of the government’s statutory guidance.
- An understanding of the legal requirements for careers education.
- A list of who else needs to have an understanding of the requirements.
- Access to 3 key government documents related to the statutory requirements.
Ofsted expectations provides you with the following:
- An understanding of what Ofsted will be looking for during inspection.
- The documents and information they will expect to see.
- Possible changes to the inspection of careers in the future.
- Who else needs to know this information.
- Links to 4 example Ofsted reports and 3 information documents.
There are 4 key elements within the Background Information section - a sample can be seen here.
Click below to subscribe to the Gatsby Toolkit now and get access to all of the resources.